June 2, 2011

Turn.....turn.....turn.


Cassie turned 30 this week.
I have heard others say that it only seems like yesterday that their children were babies.


It is half a life time ago for me now and it really does seem that long.
I am not spending too long contemplating the passing of time, as it isn't a constructive thing for me to do right now.

But she was a really happy little girl..........

........who had a twinkle in her eyes!

We had a lovely day, starting her birthday with breakfast for 3 at Red Door coffee shop in Balhannah.

I then babysat Jont and Miss P so their mothers could have a leisurely coffee with Aunty Cass.
We walked to the play ground, picked flowers from the neighbourhood gardens and chatted the whole way.

Jont decided that we should become super heroes so we could visit Grandpa in heaven.
He looked up at me, and I think the reality of Granny in a super hero suit was a bit much, as he decided in the end that perhaps it wouldn't work!

Dinner at Assargios in Hyde Park with the Marauns and Rainbows was a fitting end to the day.

We all agreed that Wayman would have been pleased with the celebration.

Cass has grown into a delightful woman, her Dad was very proud of her.

She and Nathan have been wonderful company, and I will miss them when they return home to Nashville next week.

I am happiest here in our home, enjoying the opportunity to work in the garden, and read in front of the fire. Life continues, and I am allowing myself time to reflect on a wonderful husband and Father.

And I am learning to trust God with the future.

1 comment:

  1. blessings Ruth ... i remember receiving a baby photo of Cass when I was 9 - we were staying at Glen & Joan's while Mum and Dad were overseas. Thanks for thinking to send that to us.

    Think of you often
    Trav

    ReplyDelete