May 23, 2011

A time to mourn.

WAYMAN DOUGLAS CHAPMAN

30/1/1951 - 16/5/2011

predestined, called, justified, now glorified


Yesterday we held Waymans funeral.

It was surreal standing in the church with a casket before me and a one dimensional picture of him in my hand.

We sang beautiful old hymns, and we read from Gods word, the Bible, and we prayed.
The family wrote the eulogy with me, and I hope we captured a little bit of him in our reminiscence.

So many of you were there!
Rod Denton and Paul Turner, the men who stood with Wayman the day we were married.
Geof and Peter Motley, who Wayman travelled with throughout South East Asia.
Doug and Val Twelftree whose daughters boarded with us when our family were just babies.
Cousins from my family and Waymans.
My family.
Old friends from EBC and new ones from our church family here at Trinity Mount Barker.
Friends from Sydney.
Friends of the girls.

Geoff and Ros Morgan
I wanted to talk to you all morning Geoff, it felt as if a little bit of Wayman was with me.

John, Geoff, Peter, Heather, Kirsten, Jim, Bob and so many more from M and B days.

Jane Kevin and Sharad.
How he loved working with you!

I knew most of you, but there where some of you from the business world that I didn't know.
I kept thinking, if Wayman were here he would know you!
He would take me over to you, and introduce me to you.

I wanted to speak to everyone of you.

But in the end, the only one I wanted there, wasn't there, cause he has gone Home.



No comments:

Post a Comment