June 26, 2011

45 of 59



Today I had a lovely afternoon.
I chose to go through some very old photos. They took me on a journey through my teens and early married life.
Rather than making me sad for my loss, they gave me great pleasure as I relived the precious love affair I have had with Wayman.
You see I don't mind being 59, I have had an amazing life, God has blessed me abundantly and I am grateful for 45 wonderful years.

I would totally understand if you didn't read any further.... this is so self indulgent.

But it is my blog so....


I met Wayman when I was a fourteen year old, rather plain farmers daughter.


You can see what I mean [sorry the photo is crooked]


Wayman moved to our small town.
He was neither a farmers son, nor plain


I think you will understand this was very attractive to me, when boys were considered sophisticated if they carried a handkerchief..... and used it!
Wayman not only carried a handkerchief, but his mother sent him to school with a crease pressed in his the front of his trousers!
THAT was sophistication!

Don't ask me how, but I "caught his eye." Actually there weren't many other girls of my age.
Or perhaps I was the only one silly enough to fall for a handkerchief carrying schoolboy with a crease in his trousers!



Sorry for the photography, I think my 16 year old sister was taking the photos and had some trouble with centering the subjects!


He enjoyed posing and you can see my conservative nature in this photo as I try to get him to behave for the camera!


Wayman moved away from our town not long after these photos were taken. The other boys didn't stand a chance after such a stud had graced the stage of my ordinary little life.



I have loved him ever since, and the amazing thing to me is that he loved me back!!!!!

I hope you will understand if I leave his name in the title of the blog for a while.
I promise not to write about him all the time, but I might take a trip down memory lane every now and then.

There are other things in my life that I will blog on. I have grandchildren, a garden, friends and family so I am sure to find something to write about.
But after all 45 out of 59 years is a big piece of my life to love and be loved.

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely loved reading this... I've heard it many times before & yet I never tire of your memories from those early years. That last picture sits on my desk & it is one of my favorites of you both.

    Thanks for sharing mum... Ct x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful photos - and wonderful memories.

    ReplyDelete