July 18, 2011

Delete? Done!

If you have ever tried to ring me on my home phone you will know that they aren't of the highest quality.
They crackle and I know it is very hard for you to hear me. They are rather old, and lately the batteries have been dying in the middle of conversations.
I find myself darting around the house changing phones during calls before the hand piece goes dead.
Yesterday I decided enough is enough! I found the phones that we had taken out of the beach house when we rented it last year and plugged them in to charge the batteries.
I think they will be an improvement.

I then sat down to update the phone numbers on the beach house phone.
It is a bit laborious sitting with two phones checking which numbers must be added and taking off ones that are no longer relevant.
Adding to the time factor was the need to return the home phone to its cradle to recharge frequently!

There were a few to add, the lawyer we are using for probate, my financial advisor, and new friends in the hills.
Then there were some to come off the beach house phone, service people who only related to that house, the house we sold in Sydney, and some friends numbers that had changed.
I think you know where I am going with this.

Adding the numbers takes a while, typing in the name and number, and checking that you have them right.

Taking numbers off is easy.
You press select, the screen says

Delete?

you select yes

the screen says

Done!


The last number I had to deal with was

Wayman
0417806072

I had cancelled his mobile phone weeks ago, so this number has been irrelevant for some time now. One of the last things Wayman said to me was "You are a strong woman Ruth"

I looked at the screen

Delete?

yes

Done!

You know, if I live to be 100 I think I will remember that number.
And to me that name will always be the most beautiful name ever given to a human being.






No comments:

Post a Comment