February 1, 2011

Birthday pictures


Waymans birthday party took place in perfect weather, so we started with drinks at the pavillion.



Then we asked our guests to walk the old railway line to the rec room.


Wayman enjoyed the walk with his friend Col



I was quite flattered that many took a detour past my vegetable garden....
then I remembered that I had nothing to do with cultivating it, and that since I have been in control, it has become rather over-run!



Stephanie was in charge of the decorations and paper lanterns were the featured item



We had a few anxious moments working out the numbers, but we all fitted in the room



The three young people on the left grew up with our girls, and it is wonderful that they now share this memory with them




we ended the night with dessert and coffee under the fairy lights on the front lawn






The evening was a magical one for Wayman and I. Our friends and family celebrated with us as we acknowledged Gods grace and mercy in allowing Wayman 60 wonderful years.

1 comment:

  1. Well done Wayman on turning 60. [I also ended up with a very surprising 60th party on Saturday night (a week early to fit in with family being here from interstate)]. Hope you are tracking well. See you at church next week.

    Jim and Irene Gall

    ReplyDelete