September 9, 2011

10 things I miss about East Nashville

It is good to be home at Elmbrook. Spring is just beginning and I have spent quite a bit of time in the garden trying to get my mind around all the things that need to be done.

Being on my own I spend a lot of time with my thoughts.
Naturally I am thinking about Cassie and Nathan in Nashville, so I have put together a list of things that I miss about East Nashville:

1 French toast on Saturday mornings made by Nathan with bread from Marche.

2 Sitting on the back porch reading, or doing cross words, or cross stitch.

3 Seeing the last few fire-flies of the summer.

4 Watching Nathan chase the neighbours cats out of the yard.

5 City church on a Sunday evening.

6 Watching Downton Abbey with Katherine.

7 New friends Regina and Chrissy, and a "semi" old friend Linda.

8 Hearing Cassie laugh with her friend Keely.

9 Listening to Nathan read to Cassie at breakfast time from a devotional book called
Be still, my soul.

10 Walking to Ugly mugs, for great coffee.

It is not a very profound list, is it?
But when you are recovering from such a great loss, I guess little things become important.





1 comment:

  1. I love this Ma - East Nashville misses you! And I think you forgot an all-important one - Jeni's devilish icecream?? :) xx

    ReplyDelete