January 13, 2011

Crosswords and Codewords

Wayman has been a "crossworder" for years! Even in this age of electronic media, he loves to get the daily paper to do the puzzles. He is always disappointed when the crossword has been done in the Qantas in-flight magazine when he flies.
It has given him a good vocabulary and means that his spelling is usually pretty good.

I am not a crossworder.

Consequently I have a poor vocabulary and my spelling is atrocious!!!!
Thank goodness for spell check.

Today I spent time with Wayman in hospital, it was the one place I wanted to be.
With Wayman enjoying his crossword, I visited the newsagent and discovered codewords.

Now some people might think that this puzzle is even harder than a crossword, but there is a secret dear friends.

You only buy the puzzle books that have the answers in the back!

There is something very special about two 60ish people who just want to spend time together discussing if there is a word in the English language that finishes with uu, or whether murex is a word.

Today I had a wonderful day.

Wayman is tolerating the treatment well, and is counting the days until he can come home. [ he would also love a private room but I'm sure he be will OK, I keep telling him it is character building to share a bathroom with other men]


1 comment:

  1. Ruth you must be the strongest woman I know.
    We continue to pray for you both and your family.
    These Blogs are a fantastic way to receive news.
    With love and hugs Ash xx

    ReplyDelete