December 1, 2010

What do you read?


Wayman and I recently bought a little book case to go in our bedroom.
We have filled it with an eclectic array of books that we are expecting to read, or have recently read.




It is interesting to contemplate what it holds, but perhaps not for too long! Wayman goes for historical WW2 tomes and I seem to have a bit of everything. My current favourite Christian author is Timothy Keller but I am finding that I'm not up to reading things that require too much of me so his latest book is still waiting to be purchased.
I am reading a lot of novels that are simply light entertainment, and have devoured most of Alexander McCall Smiths' books. [except for the Sunday Philosophy Club series, they make me think too much] Recently a friend lent me some of her favourite novels and I am looking forward to reading them.


But on my side table along with my current light reading are the books that are sustaining me.




I have a copy of Spurgeons morning and evening and a modern version of Streams in the desert. Streams has been sent to us by a family who are going through a trial similar to ours. We often read it together at night and are encouraged by Gods care in difficult times. The title gives a glimpse of its contents.

Then there is my Bible. I don't read long passages, but Gods word is my rock, and He feeds me through it.

No comments:

Post a Comment